BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
sasprofile
Quartz | Level 8
Hi, am new to using SAS Grid. please can any one help me with instructions on How to submit a Job to a Queue. would appreciate for your your feedback. Thank you
5 REPLIES 5
sasprofile
Quartz | Level 8
Thank you so much for your prompt reply. My Question is Instructions on How users would submit a Job to a Queue and what are the ways to submit a job to a Queue. and also How users are assigned to be able to use, or be restricted from, various queues
LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20

Sorry if I sounds a bit snooty, bit I think that the answers are to found on that page.

But if you have a grid available to you, why don't start talk the person(s) responsible tor your grid?

Data never sleeps
sasprofile
Quartz | Level 8

Sorry we dont have access to Grid yet,It would be really helpful to me if you can provide your valuable suggestions on these questions

1) Instructions on how users would submit a job to a queue

2) Instructions for configuring load balancing for EG using queues

3) How users are assigned to be able to use, or be restricted from, various queues 

Thanks in advance

JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

Hi @sasprofile

honestly I am not sure if I can follow you.

It might sound a bit harsh... but, you are asking very general questions, not specific questions.

Therefore, my best suggestion for you would be:

- Ask your SAS account manager to include you on a training for the SAS Grid Manager Administration course (3 days, really useful, I attended).

- Eitherway if you want to attend this course:

http://support.sas.com/software/products/gridmgr/#s1=2 (which basically pin points you to the document refered by @LinusH)

Please read it carefully. 

Basically, as additional summarized pin-point:

1- Users submit jobs to a queue when the queue and the grid options are set. Then the users will have a default queue and they might have more if they are configured as available for an application 

2- Load balancing: Grid should be already load balanced...

3- Same than point one, everything depends on the queues and Grid options you/your admin sets.

I hope this can help you to, at least, get some initial ideas. I really recommend you the course, Grid is not an easy platform and a guided introduction is really nice to have.

PS. Additionally, and for your future questions: your questions is not purely about SAS EG usage, but your questions are focused on SAS administration. I would rather recommend you to post SAS Administration-related question on the "Administration and Deploy" community.

Regards,

Juan

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 3 in conversation