BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
deleted_user
Not applicable
Hi All,

I am currently working towards scheduling our SAS EG daily, weekly, monthly etc reports. I became aware today that, as of right now, I understand that the user has to be logged on to their computer in order for the automation to kick off. Is their any way the schedule jobs can run without login into SAS EG once you schedule the job (Run daily or monthly)...!!

Thanks
Srijaggu
3 REPLIES 3
deleted_user
Not applicable
With out login into SAS EG works fine...My problem is if I shutdwon my PC the schedule jobs are not running. Is there anyway I an schedule the reports on server side (SAS EG insatlled on Unix server)...Please advice...!!
RichardH_sas
SAS Employee
When you use the scheduling within EG, it creates a Visual Basic script and registers that script with your local Windows PC. So as you discovered, if your PC is powered down, not connected to the network, etc. the scheduled process won't run.

There are many scheduling solutions designed for enterprises. On UNIX, I think the scheduler is called CRON (had to work with it once but don't remember many details). You should contact your IT folks who maintain the UNIX server with SAS and get their opinion about how they suggest you schedule things. One trick that might be helpful is all code in a project can be exported under File \ Export \ All Code.

Richard
deleted_user
Not applicable
Thanks Richard...!!

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation