BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
teg_76
Calcite | Level 5

Hi,

I'm running some summary statistics in EG on a SAS dataset.  I'd like each of the groups within the dataset that are being analyzed to output to have their results output to their own SAS dataset.  Is this possible?  Any ideas on how to do this?

Thank you,

Tom

3 REPLIES 3
Reeza
Super User

I don't know if you can do that without code in EG, but can I ask why? Usually more efficient to leave in BY groups, especially if you're going to do further processing.

teg_76
Calcite | Level 5

Thanks Reeza.  I'd like to merge each of the groups back together based on an ID field, which I'm doing righ tnow in excel after exporting the results.  So I currently have summary stats outputing by multiple groups, and I'd like to bring them back together based on an id field.  I uploaded an example.  I'm basically trying to save myself time from doing all the vlookups in excel.

Tom

Reeza
Super User

Post what your input data set looks like and what you want the FINAL output to look like.

You don't have the ID field in SAS already?

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation