BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
deleted_user
Not applicable
In a sotred process being coded in EG, is there a way, in a query, to obtain the first occurrence of a data field? Something like the following pseudocode....

Create table suchandsuch;
first requestedfield
fieldb
fieldc
first fieldd
quit;
run;

In short, say I have 10 occurrences of a record (no, not duplicates) for Joe Schmoe, but I only want to gather info for the first occurrence. I know how to do this in MS Access queries, but haven't seen anything about it for stored processes.

Thanks in advance!!
2 REPLIES 2
Victor
Calcite | Level 5
Hello

I will try to answer as match as i understand the question:

You have a task in the data menu called "Sort the data". You wil sort the data by the name for example and the "Options" folder, in the "double record" you will indicate "Keep only the first record for each group"

You can also use, if you want to, the PROC SQL with GROUP BY option.

NB: I translate phrases from french because i have the french version of Guide. So may be the indications will not be exactly the same.

Regards
deleted_user
Not applicable
Thank you, Victor,

I will use your most welcome suggestions.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation