BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
emrahbagci82
Obsidian | Level 7

Hello,

I use Enterprise Guide and I have an input data attached. my goal is to provide a report that shows only customers that the risk amounts varied between two dates.

I use "Summary Tables" in "Describe" part, but i couldnt find how to exclude the customers that do not have any change of amounts. I dont wanna see them in my report. How can i do it?

as i guess, i have to use formulas but which one and how? Or any other solutions for my problem.

Best regards.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
emrahbagci82
Obsidian | Level 7

Thanks for comments. Finally, i had a solution in that way: i got the related columns for two dates in 2 different data. then in a 3. data, i just summarized customer no s. then, join 3 tables based with comstomer ids and had a data by customer id and columns for two dates. maybe i coludnt explain well, but i got what i need.

Again thanks for comments.

Best regards.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
PaigeMiller
Diamond | Level 26

Some of us will not open .xlsx files because it is a security risk. Can you put your data into a different format, such as .csv or .txt?

--
Paige Miller
TomKari
Onyx | Level 15

1. Summarize your data by customer and amount.

2. From that summary, summarize by customer. Extract the customers that only have one record. These are the ones where amount didn't change.

3. Remove those customers from your original dataset.

There are a number of technical ways to do this, both with coding and using the EG tasks.

Tom

emrahbagci82
Obsidian | Level 7

If i exclude customers have one record, i wont see the change of them. i mean, maybe in first date it has a record, but next date it closed, but there is a change for that customer between 2 dates. I must see this.

TomKari
Onyx | Level 15

Good point. After you summarize, I should have said exclude the customers with one record but a count of more than one, which will mean they had more than one original record but the amounts are the same.

Tom

emrahbagci82
Obsidian | Level 7

Thanks for comments. Finally, i had a solution in that way: i got the related columns for two dates in 2 different data. then in a 3. data, i just summarized customer no s. then, join 3 tables based with comstomer ids and had a data by customer id and columns for two dates. maybe i coludnt explain well, but i got what i need.

Again thanks for comments.

Best regards.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 1 like
  • 3 in conversation