BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
alepage
Barite | Level 11

Hello,

Does someone has already establish a bridge between SAS EG 7..1 and Sybase Power design

and if so could you provide a sample code.

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
SASKiwi
PROC Star

What would be the purpose of this bridge?

alepage
Barite | Level 11

Hello,

the purpose of the bridge will be to load / read a DDL file directly which could be use to generate a SAS Template ( SAS data set with no data)

Regards,

SASKiwi
PROC Star

So you want to use Sybase PowerDesigner to automatically create an empty SAS dataset? If so it is completely the wrong tool for the job. The architecture of a (Sybase) relational database and SAS datasets is so different that even if there were a metadata bridge (i don't think there is) I think it would be doomed to failure.

LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20
I don't think that the bridge is driven by, or even touches EG. It's a metadata server interface.
Of course you can in some situations explore imported metadata objects from EG.
But typically that doesn't make sense until you have populated the table structures with actual data. A task that is generally performed by Data Integration Studio.
Data never sleeps

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation