BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Abelp9
Quartz | Level 8

Hello everyone, my question is related to the SAS options. It turns out that when I hover over a SAS function or macro, like %let %if %do %then... etc, a yellow box appears with information and the same macros. This yellow box can be seen in the attached image.

1ej.jpgejj2.png

The fact is that a friend, with the same version of SAS as me (7.1), does not see that box when he hovers over a button, so I guess he has something disabled in the options.

Could someone tell me how to solve this so that he can also see the help? Thank you very much in advance, greetings

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
FreelanceReinh
Jade | Level 19

Hello @Abelp9,

Tick the checkbox "Enable integrated syntax help" in Tools → Options... → SAS Programs → Editor Options... → Autocomplete → Integrated Syntax Help.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
FreelanceReinh
Jade | Level 19

Hello @Abelp9,

Tick the checkbox "Enable integrated syntax help" in Tools → Options... → SAS Programs → Editor Options... → Autocomplete → Integrated Syntax Help.

ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager

Also, the help appears for macro calls only if the macro definition appears within the same code file that you're editing. That is, SAS Enterprise Guide cannot provide the syntax help for macros that are defined in other files, even if those macros have been submitted/compiled.

Check out SAS Innovate on-demand content! Watch the main stage sessions, keynotes, and over 20 technical breakout sessions!

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 3 in conversation