BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
ODENWALD
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi :

I do supervise a student who does an internship in a company and uses the company's SAS System via EG.

SAS runs on some server. Main tool is OR- Proc Optmodel.

I'm in Home Office and can access  SAS, SAS Studio or EG  - my EG is running locally. I use  EG  very sparsely.

Difference :  In EG  I see the SAS Log as usual enfolding as the program (solver) runs.

The student says I can see no SAS Log.

What had the student to do to see the SAS log when in  EG  the  Optmodel's Solver iterates ??

It's essential to monitor the progress.

Kind regards,

Odenwald

1 REPLY 1
PhilC
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

Hard to know what's going on the student's side.  I know PROC PRINTTO could 'divert' the log file to another file on the system.  When that happens the log does not appear in EG.

Have the student view the value of the macro variable &SYSPRINTTOLOG .  On my system, this is variable contains the location of the logfile after my PROC PRINTTO call.

proc printto log="C:\Users\fluffycat\Desktop\New Text Document.txt";
run;

proc print data=sashelp.vmacro;
  where name="SYSPRINTTOLOG";
run;
                  Obs      scope          name         offset                         value

1    AUTOMATIC    SYSPRINTTOLOG       0      "C:\Users\fluffycat\Desktop\New Text Document.txt"

Perhaps this procedure is the culprit and you can then disable it, and maybe track it down being called in an AUTOEXEC.sas file. (?)  Its a theory.  Something for you to try.  goodluck.

SAS Innovate 2025: Call for Content

Are you ready for the spotlight? We're accepting content ideas for SAS Innovate 2025 to be held May 6-9 in Orlando, FL. The call is open until September 25. Read more here about why you should contribute and what is in it for you!

Submit your idea!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation