BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
yangtaotai
Calcite | Level 5

Hello,

I am recently trying to build up some clickable control charts in EG. I actually had checked the SAS user guide 9.2 and found that SAS/AF may be a way to do it (I have never used AF before and not quite sure how does it work?). In the user guide, there are two examples about the nodes in control charts can be redirected to a URL. However, if I want to click any data points in Control charts and write comments to them, How can I do it?

Another question is what kind of PROCs does SAS EG have?  it is interesting that when i was at school, I used base SAS 9.3 and I can use proc IML, Build (I guess proc build is for SAS/AF) and for the SAS EG,it will give you error shows you don't have the licenses. So I am wondering that if AF is not available, How can I build the interactive control charts in EG?

Thanks

Best

T.Y

3 REPLIES 3
Doc_Duke
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

EGuide is a client for a SAS server, so it has access to whatever SAS software is licensed for the server.  To find out the products that are licensed on a server, create a program task in EGuide with

PROC SETINIT;

in it and run it.

If you don't have SAS/AF, the ODS Statistical Graphics are now part of base SAS, so you might look at them to see if something there can fit your need.

Doc Muhlbaier

Duke

yangtaotai
Calcite | Level 5

Hi Doc,

Thank you for your reply!  I tried so hard to find solutions for building interactive control charts in EG. And since the AF is not available in EG, I am afraid that no tools in SAS EG could handle it

SASKiwi
PROC Star

It is possible to build custom apps (with screens) for EG using EG's .Net framework to communicate with your SAS server to run any SAS programs you require. Such an app could be the front-end to generate interactive control charts, although figuring out how to integrate these in the app and make them clickable would be a major challenge. Chris Hemedinger has recently written a book on this topic so would be a good starting point if you want to investigate further. You could also try out the existing custom add-ins to EG to give you some idea of the possibilities. You can download these from SAS Support.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 3 in conversation