BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
pipposz
Calcite | Level 5

I can copy an application routine (summary table) but cannot paste it to a specific or different table (only the same table are available). It works for my colleagues with the same SAS version. Is there a specific setting for this somewhere?

(Enterprise Guide 7.15 HF9)

5 REPLIES 5
JosvanderVelden
SAS Super FREQ
How do create the summary table?
Can you share a screenshot (without sensitive information!)?
Do your colleagues have the same Enterprise Guide version?
pipposz
Calcite | Level 5

Here is a screenshot of my problem. I want to copy an application routine (picture 1) to another table but the option paste is not available (picture 2).

Yes, my colleagues have the same version. Thank you for your time

JosvanderVelden
SAS Super FREQ
I cannot replicate the case so I suggest you open a track with SAS technical support. https://www.sas.com/de_de/contact/technical-support/email.html If you want to try something yourself first you can: 1) ask a colleague for a simple EG project so you can verify if a project where it works from your colleague can be used by you with both the copy-paste options. 2) create a simple EG project with your EG and ask a colleague if they can use copy-paste if the project is opened with EG on your colleague's computer.
pipposz
Calcite | Level 5

Thanks for your tips. I've tried a bit more. It really is a very strange situation. Basically the copy function works, but not for this particular table (see pdf, red). I have detached this table (see pdf, green) and then I can copy the summary table routine. As soon as I copy a routine to the "red" table, I can no longer copy it. To summarise, I can say that the red table (which is exactly the same as the green table) does not allow the routines to be copied any further. 

JosvanderVelden
SAS Super FREQ
I suggest you contact sas technical support. I suspect this is a case where even they might not find the root cause since it happens only on your machine.

SAS Innovate 2025: Call for Content

Are you ready for the spotlight? We're accepting content ideas for SAS Innovate 2025 to be held May 6-9 in Orlando, FL. The call is open until September 25. Read more here about why you should contribute and what is in it for you!

Submit your idea!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation