BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
RahulG
Barite | Level 11

Hi 

I converted EGP to ZIP file to view project.xml. I made few changes in Project.xml

Now I am unable to convert it back to EGP.

Is it possible to convert from folder to EGP, if yes what care should I take. 

Regards

Rahul

4 REPLIES 4
RW9
Diamond | Level 26 RW9
Diamond | Level 26

Lets start with the basics.  ZIP is a compressed archive file.  Files are added to the archive and compressed.  To get files out of the archive you need to decompress (or Extract) the file from the archive.  

So, how did you conver the "EGP" whatever that is, file to Zip?  Did you use a compression tool, Winzip/7-Zip?  If so open the file within the same tools and drag the files out of there, or right clik on the file and extract all.

If you need further help, detail how you converted the file to Zip, what tools you used etc.

RahulG
Barite | Level 11

I was making mistake in creating zip file. Now its working thank you.

tlk
Quartz | Level 8 tlk
Quartz | Level 8

Actually, as I understand it, an EGP file is a ZIP file, there is no real conversion, you just have to rename the file and replace .EGP by .ZIP.  I don't know how you "converted it", but I guess it's risky to go and modify any file in a project.   Anyway to convert it back to EGP, replace .zip by .egp and try to open it with eg... if it doesn't... well your modification has probably corrupted the project, hope you have a backup of the project.

Good luck!

RahulG
Barite | Level 11

I was making mistake in creating zip file. Now its working thank you.

You are correct when you EGP file is nothing but a ZIP file. Thanks

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 3 in conversation