BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
thefelle
Calcite | Level 5

Hi,

I am an austrian medical student. At the moment I'm working on my final thesis about myocarditis. Additional to the results of the statistical analysis, I'd like to have a list with all values for each patient. So the pages should be grouped by the patient ID. When I create a new "Listing Report", the result are three long columns (PatID, Variable, Values) over many sides. On the left and the right of the columns, I could put more columns. Just to pack all the data on one ore two sides. But therefore it had to be possible to seperate the created table and order it how I'd like to.

I have uploaded the list report of the first patient. If you have any ideas, please help me. Thanks

Philipp

2 REPLIES 2
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ

If you did something like this (in code), you could directly create a PDF file with multiple columns of output. The ODS PDF destination supports COLUMNS=2 option, but the option has to go on the ODS PDF statement. Since you are using SAS Enterprise Guide, it is unclear to me whether you are creating the PDF file by clicking options in the Tools --> Options menu or whether you are using code. If you are using code, the code would look like this:

ODS PDF file='c:\temp\twocols.pdf' columns=2;

...your code ...

ODS PDF CLOSE;

I do not believe that columns=2 is a choice from the task menus. And, when you add columns=2, the page breaking may not be what you want...because a column could start on one page and finish on the next and then a new column would start with a new group. It would still save space, but you might want to test it out first to see whether it is what you want.

cynthia

thefelle
Calcite | Level 5

Hi,

thanks for answering. I didn't use the code, I did it with a right mouse click on the listing report file -> export -> as pdf. So I would have to change the code of the listing report. I'll try. Thanks

Philipp

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation