BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
KathyWiz
Calcite | Level 5

Is there a way to change the font size of the log when it is printed from EG?   When I print the log or view it using the print preview command, the font size is very small and I don't see a way to change it.   In the editor options, there are ways of changing the font for the log as it appears within the log tab, but that is not the problem I'm having.  I need control over the font in the printed log.    I find that I need to re-run the SAS program in batch, the print the .log file in Textpad to make it readable.

I was able to find options under Results General to control the page width and page height, which fixed another issue I had with the borders being too large on printed output, so that was helpful. Now  I just need a larger font Smiley Happy

I am using EG 5.1, but had the same issue in EG 4.3.  I am running under the Windows 7 operating system.

Thanks, Kathy

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager

Kathy,

EG uses the PS and LS options as a cue for making the log content fit on the page.  If you shrink the PS and LS settings (in code or in Tools->Options->Results), I think you'll find that the printed page is more readable.  At least, I hope you do...

Chris

It's time to register for SAS Innovate! Join your SAS user peers in Las Vegas on April 16-19 2024.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
SASKiwi
PROC Star

Under the Program > Editor Options pull-down menu you have the ability to apply the changes to the SAS log by switching the file type option at the top of the dialog box. When I did this and changed the font size of the log it didn't appear to have any effect although if you make the same font size change to the program editor it takes effect immediately. Could this be a bug - someone for SAS may wish to comment? I am also using EG 5.1.

SASKiwi
PROC Star

With further testing I found that after changing the font and font size in the SAS log, saving it as a "scheme", exiting EG then going back in to the log, it now shows the new font and font size. Perhaps this only gets set at start up? Would be interested in clarifying this.

KathyWiz
Calcite | Level 5

Thank you for your response, but I believe these editor options are only changing the way the log appears in the log window within EG.  They don't seem to do anything to the printed output or the LOG print preview window, which is where I am having the problem.  I can modify fonts for the log window itself, but the font stays tiny in the preview window and printed output, even when I save schemes and exit and re-enter EG.

ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager

Kathy,

EG uses the PS and LS options as a cue for making the log content fit on the page.  If you shrink the PS and LS settings (in code or in Tools->Options->Results), I think you'll find that the printed page is more readable.  At least, I hope you do...

Chris

It's time to register for SAS Innovate! Join your SAS user peers in Las Vegas on April 16-19 2024.
KathyWiz
Calcite | Level 5

Thanks Chris. Adjusting LS and PS does help, but it is still printing kind of funky.  Some of the beginning pages seem to have a random page feed in the middle of the page, while others fill page.  I'm not sure what the optimal LS and PS is in this situation (the best result so far is with options ls=80 pagesize=90).  At least the font is large enough to be readable now.

SASKiwi
PROC Star

Kathy, I changed my EG log font to SAS Monospace size 9 (had to go out of EG and back in for it to take effect). I then went into print log preview and it correctly showed the new font and size and it printed just the same as well. I am now convinced you can change the log font even in printed output and implicitly this will alter the LS and PS settings mentioned by Chris but you don't have to guess what the optimum values are.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation