BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Gregor
Obsidian | Level 7

I have a structured suite of sas codelet in my EPG work flow. Each of them consists of many data steps and proc sqls. The execution of each of these steps gives me all the results up to 50 tables for each codelet.  I would like sas to calculate the tables without showing the calculated tables. Is that possible? Maybe a trivial option? Wasn't able to google any solution.

Thanks

Gregor

today.jpghow I want it to look like.jpg
4 REPLIES 4
railfan1975
Fluorite | Level 6

Hey Gregor,

I have the same issue and find it very irritating.  I've found three ways to deal with the jungle.  They all have their pluses and minuses.

1) In EG 5.1, if you go to File->Project Properties->Output Data Sets and change the Maximum Number of output data sets to 0 then EG will not show them after the run.  You can also change this setting by going to Tools->Options->Results General.  Unfortunately, EG will still put a note after the codelet runs that "indicates that the data set limit was reached and specifies the total number of output data sets that were created".  Better than the jungle, but still annoying.

2) Use PROC DATASETS; Delete; to delete any datasets that you do not need after the code has run.

3) Clear the library name in which the datasets are stored as mentioned here: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/10979058/how-can-i-stop-tables-appearing-in-enterprise-guide

I hope this helps!

Jonathan

f_rederik
Obsidian | Level 7

Hey Gregor

Have you tried the 'NO PRINT' option?

Cheers

Fred

Gregor
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi Fred,

thanks, but how is the syntax in order to achieve the change?

SAS accepts the statements to be like that

proc sql noprint;

create table lib.file as

but the created tables are still in the output.

Best,

Gregor

f_rederik
Obsidian | Level 7

Sorry Gregor I was a bit quick off the mark there.

Cannot get this to work for neither DATA or PROC SQL the way I thought it would..

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 3 in conversation