BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.

I am using Enterprise Guide to analyze a large payments data set. We have one field that contains a number to indicate the division responsible for a payment. I created a user-defined format to convert the number into the name of the division. Everything was working perfectly until I decided to export my results to Excel for a non-SAS user. That's when I realized my formats are only visible in Enterprise Guide. Unfortunately, the spreadsheet column contained only the division number and not its name. Did I make a mistake to use a format? Is there some way to quickly convert my formats to actual data in a new column that I can then export? (I'm trying to avoid manually listing each division number and name in a CASE statement since there are hundreds of division numbers.)

Thanks in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TomKari
Onyx | Level 15

If you use the "Send To" | "Microsoft Exel" option, it will keep the formatted values.

Tom

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
art297
Opal | Level 21

I've never used it, as I don't use EG, but the following appears to have the capability you're looking for:

http://blogs.sas.com/content/sasdummy/2010/10/01/export-to-excel-20072010-using-sas-enterprise-guide...

Art, CEO, AnalystFinder.com

brookeewhite1
Quartz | Level 8

Thank you! That does look helpful but unfortunately I'm not authorized to install anything additional on my work computer. 

ballardw
Super User

First, HOW did you export to Excel?

If you used proc export than that isn't going to do it easily. Proc Export is intended to interchange actual values.

You may want to look at an ODS output such as ODS Excel or Tagsets.Excelxp with a procedure such as Proc print which usually honors formats specified in the procedure.

brookeewhite1
Quartz | Level 8

With my dataset open in Enterprise Guide, I clicked "Export" dropdown arrow then selected "Export WORK.QUERYXXXXXXXX." Next I specified my file location and name, and changed the File of Type dropdown from "SAS Data Files" to "Microsoft Excel workbooks". 

TomKari
Onyx | Level 15

If you use the "Send To" | "Microsoft Exel" option, it will keep the formatted values.

Tom

brookeewhite1
Quartz | Level 8

It worked!  Thank you for the simple and easy fix!

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 1 like
  • 4 in conversation