BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
afiqcjohari
Quartz | Level 8

So whenever I click ctrl+s, I keep getting this prompt. It has become a habit of me to save from time to time, so it feels weird to have the prompt each time I do this.

Thanks!

Capture.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
CaseySmith
SAS Employee

You can avoid the prompt in versions prior to 7.12 by using Ctrl+Shift+S (saves the program you are working on) rather than Ctrl+S (saves the project).

Register today and join us virtually on June 16!
sasglobalforum.com | #SASGF

View now: on-demand content for SAS users

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
GirishN
Calcite | Level 5

Hi,

You can go to Tools> Options> Data General

and uncheck(turn off) the option ‘Always prompt when closing a project with temporary data references'. It may occur that data is not saved when the EG is accidently closed. Please make sure that you save the changes frequently which you already do.

afiqcjohari
Quartz | Level 8

This doesn't solve the problem though.

CaseySmith
SAS Employee

Prior to EG 7.12, the Ctrl+S keyboard shortcut saved the EG project (which you can see on File menu), but did not automatically save changes in externally referenced files.  EG would then prompt you (as in your screenshot) to save any unsaved changes in any open external programs.  We agree, this was not intuitive behavior.  You expect Ctrl+S to immediately save what you are working on, no questions asked.

Starting in EG 7.12, we improved this behavior.  Ctrl+S is now a more intuitive, contextual save.  So, if you are working with an external program and press Ctrl+S, it saves the program file, without prompting (as you would expect).  If you are working with an embedded program, Ctrl+S saves the project (since embedded programs are saved within the EG project).  In addiion, we added a Save All operation, which saves the project and any open files.

So, to get rid of the prompt, I suggest upgrading EG to the latest version (7.13).

afiqcjohari
Quartz | Level 8
Is there any way to disable the prompt for EG 5.1?
It can take sometimes to ask for the company to upgrade the system.
CaseySmith
SAS Employee

You can avoid the prompt in versions prior to 7.12 by using Ctrl+Shift+S (saves the program you are working on) rather than Ctrl+S (saves the project).

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 1 like
  • 3 in conversation