BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
mathmannix
Obsidian | Level 7

I am trying to use someone else's code that uses PROC IML, but it doesn't seem to be installed on our windows SAS that can access the local directories. So I guess I have to use the Enterprise Guide we have which only works off of a UNIX server...

3 REPLIES 3
ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager

Use the Copy Files task in SAS Enterprise Guide to copy local files to any folder on your Unix session. Then you can access them in the Unix file system or via code.

Check out SAS Innovate on-demand content! Watch the main stage sessions, keynotes, and over 20 technical breakout sessions!
mathmannix
Obsidian | Level 7

Well yeah, I could copy over all the datasets from windows to Unix through a file transfer program we have. I just wanted there to be a way not to have to do that.

Tom
Super User Tom
Super User

Here are two options:

1) Upload the files you need to access to the Unix machine.

Enterprise guide might even have some "tasks" you can use to do this for you.

2) Create a shared network location that you can access from both the Windows machine where Enterprise Guide is running and the Unix machine where SAS is running and keep the files there.  Note that path used from Windows and the path used from Unix will look different. 

Consider a file you can access from Windows as  \\server\share\directory\filename.ext 

If the systems team has mounted the share \\server\share at the Unix location /level1/level2/level3 for example then the path on Unix would be: /level1/level2/level3/directory/filename.ext

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation