BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Yiting
Quartz | Level 8

Hi, I have a big SAS EG project so that there are many queries. In SPSS modeler, it is possible to save some results (NOT export to Excel or anything), just pin the result so that when you run the process again, the part leading to it is not run again and it saves some time... It is called stored procedure. I wonder if SAS EG has such a function? Thanks in advance!

2 REPLIES 2
Reeza
Super User

That’s the difference between a permanent library and the work library. 

If you write your files to a permanent library you can save them between sessions/runs. 

In an Enterprise set up you usually have a permanent user library set up by default under your name somewhere. 

@Yiting wrote:

Hi, I have a big SAS EG project so that there are many queries. In SPSS modeler, it is possible to save some results (NOT export to Excel or anything), just pin the result so that when you run the process again, the part leading to it is not run again and it saves some time... It is called stored procedure. I wonder if SAS EG has such a function? Thanks in advance!

Astounding
PROC Star
Are you able to split the project into 2 projects?

Saving the results should be fairly easy. Add to both projects:

libname mylib "path to folder for saving results" ;

options user=mylib;

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation