BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
PoulRavn
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi, as said in the title, I need to re-organize some folder locations. When I create an EG project and save it the first time, I have to chose where to save it. Later when I add SAS program to the project I save these at the same location as the *.egp file. I've found this to be impractical in the sens, that if I want to move the project, - and do this in a copy/paste operation, then the SAS program files are still referenced to the old location. If I were to move them (the SAS program in the project) as well in the copy/paste operation, the project does not find them, because it looks in the old location.

I find this kind of unpractical, as it can happen sometimes that oen needs to move a project and its associated files at the same time.

Regards Poul

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Kurt_Bremser
Super User

Talk about steep learning curves Smiley Wink

When you do New - Program in Enterprise Guide, the code stays embedded in the project file and is saved with it until you do Save as.. on the program.

If you open an external program, a link to the external file is created within the project. To embed this, right click on the program name in the project tree, select Properties, and there you will find a button Embed.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
PoulRavn
Obsidian | Level 7

Sorry Kurt, what do you mean 'embedded'? I always supposed, that the EG associated SAS programs existed as separate files located in folders, and that what the project did was to 'collect' these in a project list of SAS programs. What you say, indicate that there is another way of doing it. That must have eluded me, when I switched to EG fra base PC SAS.

Regards

Poul

Kurt_Bremser
Super User

Talk about steep learning curves Smiley Wink

When you do New - Program in Enterprise Guide, the code stays embedded in the project file and is saved with it until you do Save as.. on the program.

If you open an external program, a link to the external file is created within the project. To embed this, right click on the program name in the project tree, select Properties, and there you will find a button Embed.

ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager

Another approach: you can use the "relative path" feature in SAS Enterprise Guide to keep your EGP file and SAS files all resolving properly, no matter where you move them.  See this topic for more details:

http://blogs.sas.com/content/sasdummy/2012/10/29/scm-with-sas-eg/

Chris

It's time to register for SAS Innovate! Join your SAS user peers in Las Vegas on April 16-19 2024.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 3 in conversation