BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
PhilC
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

I would like to add a file link to a CSV file I've exported, specifically using PROC EXPORT, so that it displays in the EG project's process flow connected to the block of code the EXPORT code is written in. I can use ODS CSV, I can use EG's task, but I do not wish to for "reasons".

Any tricks for this?

This is one way I've thought of to do this:

%let csvfile="C:\ASI\ASI.csv";

*To create a EG file link to CSV file;
ods csv file=&csvfile;
     proc print data=&SysLast (obs=1) ; run;
ods csv close;

*To export to the CSV file (and not wait for ODS CSV);
proc export data=&sysLast 
     outfile=&csvfile
     dbms=csv 
     replace;
run;
1 REPLY 1
Sajid01
Meteorite | Level 14

Hello @PhilC 
I have some issues with this statement.

%let csvfile="C:\ASI\ASI.csv";

If you have SAS installed locally on your machine it is fine. But if you are connecting to SAS installed on a server from SAS EG installed locally on your laptop/desktop, then the location will be on the C drive of your server and not desktop/laptop. Considering my statement above (and making changes as needed to your code) please test and let us know if there is an error.

SAS Innovate 2025: Call for Content

Are you ready for the spotlight? We're accepting content ideas for SAS Innovate 2025 to be held May 6-9 in Orlando, FL. The call is open until September 25. Read more here about why you should contribute and what is in it for you!

Submit your idea!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation