BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
deleted_user
Not applicable
I am about to test the Hotfix install of 41EG02 for Enterprise Guide 4. Assuming all goes well, I will recommending it be included in our colleges PC ghost. Has anyone had any problems with this Hotfix or the previous one 41EG01?

I'm running EG under Win XP, with SAS 9.1.3.
I use EG to work on a SAS BI installation on
Win 2003 Enterprise HP servers.

- Matthew Seeman
Broward Community College
gseeman@broward.edu
4 REPLIES 4
xelat_sas
SAS Employee
This hotfix is considered to be an ALERT hotfix as it has fixed a lot of issues.

Having said that, just be careful if you have INNER JOIN and WHERE clause with OR operator in a query. After you applied the hotfix, the generated SQL will have missing parentheses in the OR operator and make the result unexpected. This is because of the change to SN-019152. The current work-around is to separate the Join and WHERE queries by creating multiple queries. See SN-019473 (currently pending, should be releasing soon).
deleted_user
Not applicable
FYI: This issue has been addressed in Hotfix 41EG03 released in March 07

-Matthew
deleted_user
Not applicable
Hi

May I have the SN-019473 ?

Delphine
deleted_user
Not applicable
Hi
One more question about Inner join in Proc SQL.

We do have the Hotfix install 41EG06 but we still have problems with this kind of join.
For example one query with the inner join has a 3 hours response time and the same result with a left join has a 7 minutes response time ...

Have you ever had this problem, I mean an inner join longer that an outer join ?

Delphine

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation