BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager
There is a new hotfix available for EG 4.1 -- it addresses several customer-reported issues, a few of which have been mentioned on this forum.

The link:
http://ftp.sas.com/techsup/download/hotfix/ent_guide41.html

Chris
It's time to register for SAS Innovate! Join your SAS user peers in Las Vegas on April 16-19 2024.
4 REPLIES 4
deleted_user
Not applicable
Is this a defect or is there a setting somewhere that I need to change to stop EG4 doing this?

Since moving from EG3 to EG4 I've found that output data is being truncated when generated from queries against OLAP Slices. It appears that EG4 is setting an informat length shorter than the length of the field despite my formatting the field as $Char50.

I've double checked EG3 and it definitely automatically sets the informat to a sufficient length to prevent truncation.
deleted_user
Not applicable
Hello everyone,
are you experiencing Import Data task related problems after applying the hotfix mentioned above? I seem to be having lot's of timing issues on my laptop and also on my client's server environment. The first run of Import Data tasks may fail, but the second run allways succeeds. It is annoying because you can't - for example - run the whole project because you get these errors everywhere where you have Excel or CSV-sources...

Otherwise the hotfix is great, it fixed many issues with my larger projects that were documented and promised to be fixed. I hope that a new fix with this minor bug fix is available soon, because I'm not getting any benefits from the first fix while I still can't run my projects at once.

Please let me hear from you if you have workaround solutions or are experiencing the same problems,

Jouni
ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager
Jouni,

If you haven't already, please make sure that you contact tech support about this issue. As we prepare a future fix for this and any other reported problems, we would like to make sure that it fixes your scenario.

Chris
It's time to register for SAS Innovate! Join your SAS user peers in Las Vegas on April 16-19 2024.
deleted_user
Not applicable
Hello Chris,
yes I have contacted techsup and they have a solution, but I need a workaround until the new hotfix is released. I have few ideas on a workaround (and techsup suggested the same) but they are not too handy, e.g. no hope to automate/schedule projects before the next hotfix.

BR,
Jouni

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation