BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Satyaprasad
Calcite | Level 5

Hi, Satya here,done my B.Sc., Stats... can anyone suggest me to learn..which one is better either Administrator or Programmer or Statistician or Analyst...? please advise me.

4 REPLIES 4
TomKari
Onyx | Level 15

Hi, Satya

My 2 cents worth is that since it appears that you have advanced training in statistics, you should combine that with SAS knowledge to market yourself in the statistician or analyst domain. These should be a very strong combination of abilities in the future, in which data-driven decisions will take on increased importance. I think you would find yourself more marketable, and have more enjoyable work, doing this instead of simply becoming a programmer or administrator.

Best of luck!

Tom

Satyaprasad
Calcite | Level 5

HI Tomkari,

I really Thank you very much for your reply and appreciate your great suggestion, but I have done my graduation B.Sc., Stats in the past more than 8 years ago...and presently working in MNC company as a "Imaging Processor", would it support my SAS career if I opt for Statistician. Please advise on this.

Thanks,

Satya.

TomKari
Onyx | Level 15

I still think that the combination of a degree in statistics and the ability to use SAS to solve problems is a potent combination, but it will depend on demand in your area. If there's a huge demand for SAS programmers or administrators, go for it!

Good luck with your endeavors,

Tom

umashankersaini
Quartz | Level 8

Hi Satya,

It is completely depend on your current knowledge for statistics and your IT skills.

I wearing the same socks like B.Sc in Statistics (2005) but i have started my carrer with SAS before 7 year.

I started as a programmer (statistician) for reporting and currently working as an administration.....

So now ball in again in your port....select the best one.....

Not familiar with "Imaging Processor". - What's your Core Job?

Regards,

Uma Shanker Saini

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation