BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
ErickACLL
Calcite | Level 5

I need some help regarding an issue when reading any dataset.

Whenever I click a column border (separation between two columns) when reading any dataset, it’ll enter a loop of some sort and freeze everything.

Ideally, I believe that I’m triggering a copy-transfer operation on the column, but since my datasets are sort of big, it’ll take some 40 minutes or more to unfreeze.

Is there anything to be done about it?
Is there any command to be executed before running codes or any options that will prevent this from happening?

Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4
ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager

Can you add details about what version of SAS Enterprise Guide you're using?  Get the detailed version number from the Help->About screen.

This might be a problem that was addressed in an update -- we'll need to see the version number to determine this.

It's time to register for SAS Innovate! Join your SAS user peers in Las Vegas on April 16-19 2024.
ErickACLL
Calcite | Level 5

I'm using EG 6.1 M1 (6.100.0.4025) (32-bit)

But I've been experiencing it since 4.3  😕

ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager

There are several hotfixes for EG 6.1 that you should apply.  (Actually, just one to apply since they are cumulative.)  The data grid underwent some work during these, so you might find it's fixed. 

If not, then at least you'll be at the latest (for this version) when you work with SAS Tech Support -- which I recommend if the problem persists.  It's not supposed to be slow...  It might have something to do with how you are accessing the data (database library?).

It's time to register for SAS Innovate! Join your SAS user peers in Las Vegas on April 16-19 2024.
ErickACLL
Calcite | Level 5
I'm using it at work, so won't be able to update it manually, will have to request to some IT team.

The problem does not occur when resizing column by selecting the "header". it only occurs when selecting column borders in between data cells.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation