BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
TMiles
Quartz | Level 8

Let me preface by saying I have never used EG -just Base SAS.  I need to re-run a EG Project that another co-worker created.  The datasource is from SQL Server.  I have tried adding a Libname statement to the beginning of the Project flow, but it doesn't seem to recognize it in the subsequent steps.

Help Please

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager

He might have had the library assigned in an Autoexec, or as part of his options (Tools->Options->SAS Programs) that submits startup statements.  Or maybe he was connecting to a SAS environment that had the library already as a pre-assigned library.

It's time to register for SAS Innovate! Join your SAS user peers in Las Vegas on April 16-19 2024.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Reeza
Super User

Ok. What error do you get? You may need to add a step where you import/access the data and make it have the same name to let the rest of the project complete. 

TMiles
Quartz | Level 8

The error is "ERROR: Unable to get SAS code. The library MD on server Local was not found."  even though the Libname I added was successful

libname FR odbc dsn="FMG Reporting NT Auth" schema=SASMktModelView read_lock_type=nolock read_isolation_level=RU;
NOTE: Libref FR was successfully assigned as follows:
Engine: ODBC
Physical Name: FMG Reporting NT Auth

Reeza
Super User

The libraries above in error vs libname have different names. 

MD vs FR

TMiles
Quartz | Level 8

I didn't even notice that -The user that created this project doesn't remember how he made the connection to the SQL Server, and nowhere in any of the steps do I see any Libname statements -Is there a way via point/click that he could have created these?  He is a Non-SAS user and spent a lot of time on the phone to support is what I am told.  I have tried clicking on everything I can find to duplicate, but have been unsuccessful.  I did find the ODBC connection -but it always causes a 'Not Responding' and forces me to kill the session.

ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager

He might have had the library assigned in an Autoexec, or as part of his options (Tools->Options->SAS Programs) that submits startup statements.  Or maybe he was connecting to a SAS environment that had the library already as a pre-assigned library.

It's time to register for SAS Innovate! Join your SAS user peers in Las Vegas on April 16-19 2024.
TMiles
Quartz | Level 8

I guess I will browse thru all of his steps and find all the Librefs and pre-allocate Thank you all for your input.

SASKiwi
PROC Star

If you are more familiar with SAS code you may find it easier to export the EG project to SAS code and diagnose problems there.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 4 in conversation