BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
jfmendoza50
Calcite | Level 5

Hello

I have enclosed the following files as examples. It seems that with my SAS Enterprise 6.1 some of my .egp files can be opened while with others cannot. I don't know if it's a size issue.  For example, with the attachments I cannot open the "CI 2013 Q34.egp" file but I can open the file "DR_Extracts 2013Q34.egp"

Some may open the first file using both 5.1 and 6.1 and may got the same error that “A connection to the server “Local” could
not be established”. 
I don't get this message.

Any ideas? Thanks much

~JFM

6 REPLIES 6
jakarman
Barite | Level 11

The local server is the SAS-base installation on the desktop shared with EGuide. Is that working at theos users and they have connection profiles that have that activated?

---->-- ja karman --<-----
jfmendoza50
Calcite | Level 5

Jaap

thank you, but it is unclear what you are referring to.

~Jacinto

Patrick
Opal | Level 21

I can replicate what you describe with my EG 6.1 version (not on latest patch level). Even after using the migration wizard (MigrationWizard.exe) which can be found in your SAS EG installation directory, things didn't work.

The migration wizard tells me that migration was successful but then when trying to open "PCI 2013 Q34.egp" SAS EG freezes.

I would contact SAS TechSupport and send them your EG project with the issue.

If you contact SAS TechSupport send them also a screen shot of the information you can get from EG under "Help/About SAS Enterprise Guide". Also click on the link there "Configuration Details", then "List Details", then "Copy to Clipboard" and send this information as well.

jfmendoza50
Calcite | Level 5

Thank you Patrick!

I did send my issue to support and received a track #, but still haven't received a response back, so I gave this a shot. I appreciate you trying though and glad it wasn't only me

Jacinto

jakarman
Barite | Level 11

jfmendoza50 The Eguide project is technically a zip file containing some XML-files.

The MigrationWizard is adjusting some things in that file. As of difference functionality some things there must be different.

Aside of that  structure also the namings of servers or other references can be different. Some can be changed.

The migration wizard can cause a corruption of the structure. 

It would be nice when there was a repair/validation tool for that.

Using Eguide, even in a normal situation,  can give obvious hangups. As EGuide in a client/server configuration (metadata) ia able to connect to a server with many app-servers and a local environment this start is sometimes blocked. One of those is starting program-s top an app-server while the connection to that app-server has not been validated yet.

To be sure this is not the problem open up the appserver first and then start your processing.

Did you do this?

Something other weird approach in EGuide is:

The option to refer to different appservers is nice modifiable with code nodes.  Just klik and change.

Others like the libname node is missing that tab. Do not make a failure as you are not able to change it thereafter (the migration wizard to the rescue)

Even when you change the connection profile and are thinking it hass changed, the old values are still there when you try to run that.     

As you are saying you do not get that message but you customers are getting that...

Assuming using that same EGP project, than there is difference between your installation and theirs. 

Then the proceeding question is: what is that difference?

---->-- ja karman --<-----
jfmendoza50
Calcite | Level 5

Thanks Much Jaap for you insight!

I will look into what you described and provide answers if I find any.

~Jacinto

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation