BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
GertNissen
Barite | Level 11
Im using SAS on Citrix connecting to a server with signon server=doe; and rsubmit, on the remote server all the ODBC connections are defined - All works fine!

BUT:

1) How do I connect my EG to the server
2) and how do I use the ODBC connection on the remote server ?

Im Using Enterprise Guide v3. I don't have a 'normal' local SAS, because we are also running SAS on Citrix. The server list in EG is empty (only having a local, that do not work)
3 REPLIES 3
ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager
To make sure I've got this straight: you have EG on your local PC and SAS on a central Windows server that you connect to via Citrix. Correct?

EG connects to remote machines via Integration Technologies.

To connect EG to that SAS server, you must set up Integration Technologies on the server, with a running object spawner to listen for connections. You must also define that connection in a metadata repository (can be your local repository, or using the SAS Metadata server). You would do this using either SAS Management Console or Tools->Options->SAS Enterprise Guide Explorer in EG.

Once you've got that connection established, you can access your ODBC data sources as you do now: via SAS libraries within your SAS session.

Chris
It's time to register for SAS Innovate! Join your SAS user peers in Las Vegas on April 16-19 2024.
GertNissen
Barite | Level 11
Both EG and SAS runs on Citrix.

I found a solution.
In EG menu - Tools / Options / Adminstration I added the information for the metaserver and I can now run SAS code 😉

In the Server List I now have the SAS servers I need, each with predefined libname - but the libnames fail. If I make a normal libname in a code block (remote submit), it works - strange .... ?
Message was edited by: Geniz at Oct 31, 2006 9:56 AM
ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager
If your libraries are defined in metadata, you might need to tag them as "preassigned". See this SAS note:

http://support.sas.com/techsup/unotes/SN/014/014080.html

Enterprise Guide 4.1, combined with SAS 9.1.3 SP4, improves the experience quite a bit.

Chris
It's time to register for SAS Innovate! Join your SAS user peers in Las Vegas on April 16-19 2024.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation