BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Strange_Attractor
Calcite | Level 5
When I go into EG, I need to log into the Metadata Repository, then the SASMain server. I initally set both those IDs to have the same password I use for our company network (SAS isn't set up for AD or LDAP).

I had to change my network password (90-day timeout), and I tried making the matching change in Management Console - User Administration. It seemed to accept the change, but I find I still need to use the old password for both logins when doing work in EG (I can't find anything within our BI setup that respects this phantom change). We're going to be adding a number of users (Metadata Repository accounts so they can use the Add-in for MS Office), and I don't see where they can modify the initial password our BI Administrator set for them.

So, where and how can users change their passwords, in EG and/or Metadata Repository? I can't find any mention of this in the EG doc.
3 REPLIES 3
deleted_user
Not applicable
Have you tried looking at the SAS Personal log in manager?
Strange_Attractor
Calcite | Level 5
Thanks for the tip - this is the first I've heard of it. I'll research it on support.sas.com. Hopefully, it won't mean our add-in only users will need to install another SAS app in order to manage their passwords....

Steve
Strange_Attractor
Calcite | Level 5
It looks like user passwords can only be changed in Personal Login Manager or Management Console. I was hoping to see some function within the user's environment (EG or Add-in for MS Office). So, we either need to install Personal Login Manager on each desktop, or have them come to my PC and use Management Console when they want to change their SAS password. Drat!

Steve

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation