BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
linercapr
Calcite | Level 5

Hi,

I am looking to learn more about using the SAS statistical package for my job. Is this the same thing as SAS programming? As a beginner, are there any helpful resources that would assist me with learning SAS?

Thank you in advance for your help, I appreciate any advice you can provide!

2 REPLIES 2
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ
Hi:
We provide 2 free classes for any independent learner to take. The class that focuses on using SAS for statistical analysis is Statitics 1. However, we assume that Statistics 1 students will have first taken Programming 1 to learn the basics of reading data into SAS and writing simple programs and using fundamental procedures like PROC UNIVARIATE, PROC FREQ, PROC MEANS and PROC PRINT.
If you look at the web sites for these 2 classes, you will see that the price of the e-learning class is "Free" and all you have to do is click the "Start" button to activate the training.
Programming 1: https://support.sas.com/edu/schedules.html?ctry=us&crs=PROG1
Statistics 1: https://support.sas.com/edu/schedules.html?ctry=us&crs=STAT1
You will need to create a SAS Profile and set your Profile password before you can finish the activation process for these classes.
Cynthia
TomKari
Onyx | Level 15

In addition to Cynthia's response, which is absolutely correct, SAS has a number of tools that give an easier "look and feel" to meeting both data processing and statistical analysis requirements. Two very popular ones are SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio. An interesting feature of both of them is that they create SAS code in the background, based on which options you select in the tool, and you can then use this code to learn SAS.

I suggest you ask your local SAS resources which products you have licensed, and let us know. We can then make some suggestions.

Tom

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation