BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Sajid01
Meteorite | Level 14

Hello
I was testing the new SASEG functions for git repository using the following

https://go.documentation.sas.com/?docsetId=lefunctionsref&docsetTarget=n10pxql65jtf4sn11m3d6jzcrgcz....
AND

and https://www.sas.com/content/dam/SAS/support/en/sas-global-forum-proceedings/2019/3057-2019.pdf.

All the codes are from the above paper. They work  straight out of the book with appropriate modifications for local paths.

(Thanks Zimmerman for such a nice paper)
The code works fine with the repository .(SGF2019) mentioned in  Zimmerman's paper
I am trying with  bitbucket and my default repository is not master. It has the name develop.

I have checked out the develop repository and tried to get commit history and I cannot get it.

(I tried without checking out the develop repository- the error is the same)
The error is :

ERROR: Return code from GIT is (4). reference 'refs/remotes/origin/master' not found

There is no master and obviously I cannot get the history.

Any suggestions?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
dazimm
SAS Employee

Hi Somename,

First off, I'm happy that you like my paper!

So the 'refs/remotes/origin/master' is an issue with the GITFN_COMMIT_LOG function. I have addressed this issue for an upcoming release, but for the time being what you could do is create a remote master branch in bitbucket and then do a pull on your local repository. This will add the 'refs/remotes/origin/master' reference to the local repository the function is looking for. Then check out your development branch you have been using, and run GITFN_COMMIT_LOG function again.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Danny

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
dazimm
SAS Employee

Hi Somename,

First off, I'm happy that you like my paper!

So the 'refs/remotes/origin/master' is an issue with the GITFN_COMMIT_LOG function. I have addressed this issue for an upcoming release, but for the time being what you could do is create a remote master branch in bitbucket and then do a pull on your local repository. This will add the 'refs/remotes/origin/master' reference to the local repository the function is looking for. Then check out your development branch you have been using, and run GITFN_COMMIT_LOG function again.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Danny

Sajid01
Meteorite | Level 14

Thanks for the quick reply.

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation