BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
PeterKellberg
Obsidian | Level 7

Dear SAS Colleges,

I have heard at the SAS Forum Copenhagen that the EG Color scheme moves towards the one used in SAS Studio and probably other SAS Viya UI's. The blue/black/white scheme may seem noble and elegant but I think that colors other than that adds to the visual perception and thus for better use. Typing this mesage I can see som yellow and orange besides the blue color gradients. Both IOs and Windows use a plethora of colors. Yes a folder is yellow.

What is more appealing to you when we compare EG with SAS Studio?

SAScolorscheme2.jpg

Now what do you think?

1) UI's should use different colors because it is functional.

2) It's fine with the blueish color scheme. It's more noble.

I vote for 1)

Regards,

Peter Kellberg

1 REPLY 1
Kurt_Bremser
Super User

If a UI scheme that is widely used and accepted is removed, I guess lots of users would start cleaning their shotguns 🙂

So I bet it will be up to the users which one they use.

Bottom line: if it ain't broken, don't fix it. EG sure doesn't look broken to me.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Today is the last day to save with the early bird rate! Register today for just $695 - $100 off the standard rate.

Plus, pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation