BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Aquarian27
Calcite | Level 5

Hi

I am almost new to SAS and want to learn SAS Ent guide. Is there any way I can get the software for practice purpose only and load it at my PC ?

Thanks

Arun

8 REPLIES 8
art297
Opal | Level 21

Depends on your specific situation.  If you work for a company that licenses SAS you may be able to load it on a personal computer for free.  A number of your options are described in the following blog:

Choose your own adventure with SAS OnDemand for Professionals - The SAS Dummy\

Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ

Hi:

And in addition to the blog about it, here's the direct link to the SAS OnDemand for Professionals web site:

http://support.sas.com/learn/ondemand/professionals/index.html

cynthia

RemcoCoumou
Calcite | Level 5

The SAS OnDemand for Professionals offering is discontinued. Here is a direct link to the free alternative: http://www.sas.com/en_us/software/university-edition/download-software.html

Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ

Hi:

I'm not sure why you are responding to an almost 2 year old post, but you are correct that SAS OnDemand for Professionals is no longer available for purchase. However, the SAS University Edition does NOT provide access to SAS Enterprise Guide, which was the original question. Generally, someone who needs to learn SAS Enterprise Guide will either use their work or school copy of EG to practice or take a SAS OnDemand for Academics class that uses EG and/or take one of our training classes that uses EG and/or get SAS and SAS/EG from their University for practice purposes.

If someone gets the SAS University Edition then the assumption is that they do not need to learn SAS Enterprise Guide and that they will use the SAS University Edition and SAS Studio to practice writing SAS programming code.

cynthia

shruthikumar
Calcite | Level 5

Hi Cynthia,

My machine does not support VT-x. Is there any other way to use SAS - University edition ?

Regards,

Shruthi

Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ

Hi:

Have you referred to the notes about the VT-x message. There is a fix for it.

46250 - When you start SAS® University Edition, an error might occur stating that VT-x or AMD-v is n...

Otherwise, if you cannot fix the VT-x issue, then you might investigate a SAS OnDemand for Academics individual learner account, as shown here: SAS OnDemand for Academics look at the instructions for independent learner. The downside of this approach is that you will need to be on-line with an Internet connection in order to use SAS Studio to access SAS on the OnDemand server.

cynthia

PS, in the future, instead of adding your post to a 3-month old post that was added onto a 2 year old post, it would be better for you to start a new post. Your question doesn't have anything to do with Enterprise Guide, which was the heading on the original 2 year old posting, this would actually have been better posted in the Community forum for the SAS University Edition. You might even have found a reference to the VT-x error over there.

kmrajnisingh
Calcite | Level 5

Yup... I agree. SAS university edition is not the correct answer for professionals. I want to learn enterprise guide and there is not even a trial available for it. 

Please share me the link if anybody still having SAS on DemandProfessional

SASKiwi
PROC Star

Trials of SAS, including EG are available, but need to be organised directly with SAS. I suggest you contact your nearest SAS office to discuss the options available.

The SAS language available in the SAS University Edition is the same language used in commercial versions. The interface used is SAS Studio, a web-based interface, which is also available in commercial versions as an alternative to EG. SAS Studio is as relevant to professionals as EG is as migrating to web-based interfaces appears to be a strategic direction for SAS. Take a look at what is happening with SAS Visual Analytics and SAS Viya to see where SAS is heading - and its mostly web-based. 

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 5 likes
  • 7 in conversation