BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Chris3
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi: I just installed Enterprise Guide on a new computer. The font size is huge in the program editor and the slide bars to move vertically and horizontally are huge too. 

I tried clicking in a program and then Program, Editor Options, Appearance, and setting the text to Size = 8. But the text is still too big.

Thanks a million for any advice!!!!!!!!!!!!!

program editor.PNG

enhanced editor options.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager

Do you have a custom DPI setting for your Windows system?

Right-click on desktop, select Screen Resolution.  In the Display settings, look at the "Set custom text size (DPI)" option.

dpi.png

Try to toggle the "Windows XP style DPI scaling" and see if that helps.

And from @RandyMullis :

This information might help you if you are having font size issues with SAS Enterprise Guide:

http://support.sas.com/kb/56/015.html

It's time to register for SAS Innovate! Join your SAS user peers in Las Vegas on April 16-19 2024.

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14
ballardw
Super User

I would recommend looking at the editor scheme drop down list and pick one. The approach you used would only effect one type of text, the comments.

Also, if you changed the screen resolution to something a bit coarser than when SAS was installed you could get this appearance issue.

Chris3
Fluorite | Level 6

Thank you for your suggestion! I created a new editor scheme and altered all the file elements (comments, etc.). Unfortunately, that did not work. And I am using the same screen resolution as when I installed.

SASKiwi
PROC Star

Is this EG 7.12 by any chance with the zoom capability? Have you tried "unzooming"?

Chris3
Fluorite | Level 6

No, I am using 6.1.

ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager

Do you have a custom DPI setting for your Windows system?

Right-click on desktop, select Screen Resolution.  In the Display settings, look at the "Set custom text size (DPI)" option.

dpi.png

Try to toggle the "Windows XP style DPI scaling" and see if that helps.

And from @RandyMullis :

This information might help you if you are having font size issues with SAS Enterprise Guide:

It's time to register for SAS Innovate! Join your SAS user peers in Las Vegas on April 16-19 2024.
Chris3
Fluorite | Level 6

Thanks a million for the suggestion! Yes, that is probably as close to a solution as I can find. Unfortunately, when I get the size of SAS to display in a normal manner on an external monitor, it makes the size of programs on my laptop screen really small. I appreciate the help!!

mfab
Quartz | Level 8

Just leaving this here, in case anyone will run into the same trouble like I did randomly this morning:

Should you have this problem, although you are not using a custom DPI, then by any means go the ususal Microsoft way...

Do enter a custom DPI setting, log out, log in and then remove the custom DPI setting again, log out, log in.

And you should be good to go.

SASKiwi
PROC Star

@mfab - Had this problem with Windows 10 and your fix works for that too.

CaseySmith
SAS Employee

This issue (large font size in program editor and big scroll bars when running with larger DPI settings) has been resolved in EG 7.15 HF1.

Register today and join us virtually on June 16!
sasglobalforum.com | #SASGF

View now: on-demand content for SAS users

RandyMullis
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

Here's a link to a SAS Note providing additional details to the fix mentioned by @CaseySmith:

Randy

rebecca_fan
Calcite | Level 5

I just had similar problem after IT installed the updated EG, the display font for both my program and output are too big and difficult to view. Tried what people suggested but doesn't really fixed the problem:

1. Change the window system display resolution - this might fixed the SAS viewer problem, but it also makes other program(s) font display really small  (yes everything including your desktop view)

2.Program --> Editor Options -->'Appearance' tab --> edit font size - this fixed my program viewer panel, but font in my result viewer panel is still huge (not sure why)

So finally I found View--> Zoom option, which is so much simper than the previous two solutions, and I can even apply different zooms( 10-500%) to my program/log/result display, problemssolved!

GeorgeSAS
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

2.Program --> Editor Options -->'Appearance' tab --> edit font size - this fixed my program viewer panel, but font in my result viewer panel is still huge (not sure why)

-------------this works for me,thanks!

but I can't find the zoom option in view which you mentioned in the final.

RandyMullis
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

Thanks,

Randy

medwards127
Calcite | Level 5

Works for me. We're on SAS EG 17.13. Smallest size is 8.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 14 replies
  • 13 likes
  • 10 in conversation