BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
amity21
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi, I am relatively new to SAS programming.

I am trying to locate tables with a column name (or like if possible) from a library in SAS EG.

I use to have a code for this in SAS base where it hits dictionary.columns but that does not work for SAS EG.

Can anyone please assist? 

Following is the SAS base code I use to use

proc sql ;
  select name 
  from dictionary.columns
  where memname = 'mydata'
  ;
quit ;

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
2 REPLIES 2
Kurt_Bremser
Super User

Use

select memname from dictionary.columns
where upcase(name) = 'MYCOL' and upcase(libname) = 'MYLIB'

to find all datasets in mylib that have a column mycol.

jklaverstijn
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

In EG it is often easier to use the views on the dictionary tables as they can be found in the SASHELP library. In your case the view would be SASHELP.VCOLUMN.

You can drop this table on the canvas and use a filter&sort or query builder on it.

I hope this helps,

- Jan.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation