BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
srussell
Calcite | Level 5

I'm trying to filter a set of data based on yesterdays date in EG.  The below is the formula i'm trying to use but keep getting an error 22-322 where the system is looking for an additional character.  I've tried various things and can't seem to get this to work.  Would love to hear from you guys regarding what the system is looking to see in formula.

Thanks.

t1.'Todays Date'n = TODAY()-1

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ballardw
Super User

When discussing an error it is almost a requirement to post the code with the log to get correct answers without lots of back and forth.

the specific error you mention can arise from coding errors before the line reported as the error.

I will say that calling a variable "Todays date" when the value is actually yesterday has much potential for confusion in general.

Maybe something related to how the variable is intended to be used like "Target Date" or "Analysis Date" would be better.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
ballardw
Super User

When discussing an error it is almost a requirement to post the code with the log to get correct answers without lots of back and forth.

the specific error you mention can arise from coding errors before the line reported as the error.

I will say that calling a variable "Todays date" when the value is actually yesterday has much potential for confusion in general.

Maybe something related to how the variable is intended to be used like "Target Date" or "Analysis Date" would be better.

srussell
Calcite | Level 5

Thanks for the feedback BallardW.  I will be sure to include the full code on future posts.  We just started using SAS and new to the forums.  Unsure what exactly happened, but after signing back into they system, the previous code started working.  Must have been on the right track with what I had.  Although now I have another mystery. 🙂

Thanks again.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation