BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
nd
Obsidian | Level 7 nd
Obsidian | Level 7

I'm transitioning from Base SAS to EG and I'd like to use the file shortcut I've created. How can I create file shortcuts in EG. Thanks all!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Damo
SAS Employee

Hi nd,

Thanks for the screenshot.

With EG, i'm not aware of a "file shortcuts" section.

Said that, there is another way to store your program to get them easily accessible.

Are you connected to a Metadata Server?

if yes, you'll be able to store your program within the SAS folder of your choice.

From Save As, at the top you have to select the Save in value. You have to pick SAS Folders.

That way, you'll always have access to your programs.

Hope that helps.

Cheers,
Damo

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Damo
SAS Employee

Hi nd,

Can you please clarify those points for me please:

- what file shortcut did you create? (is it a SAS program, a shortcut to the sas.exe, etc?)

- what you're trying to achieve with EG?

Cheers,
Damo

nd
Obsidian | Level 7 nd
Obsidian | Level 7

I have shortcuts to two SAS program files on my computer. The first one contains helpful SAS code that I use as a reference. The second contains call-in codes for all years of a survey that access fairly often. Thanks!

Damo
SAS Employee

Hi nd,

Do you mean you want to change the default application being used to open those SAS programs, and select EG instead of SAS Foundation (Base)?

In that case you can simply use the SAS Deployment Manager (available from \SASHome\SASDeploymentManager\9.4\sasdm.exe).

After you choose the language, under Administration Tasks, you ahve to select Manage SAS File Types.

ManageSASFileTypes.JPG

You can then choose which application is used for .sas files

is it what you're looking for?

(If you want to simply run your 2 programs with EG, you only have to add them to your project).

Cheers,
Damo

nd
Obsidian | Level 7 nd
Obsidian | Level 7

snip.PNG

Not exactly. This is how the file shortcuts look in base SAS. In the top Explorer window - "Contents of SAS environment" - I access them when I double click on File Shortcuts. I want to set up something similar in EG since we are migrating to it. Thanks Damo!

Damo
SAS Employee

Hi nd,

Thanks for the screenshot.

With EG, i'm not aware of a "file shortcuts" section.

Said that, there is another way to store your program to get them easily accessible.

Are you connected to a Metadata Server?

if yes, you'll be able to store your program within the SAS folder of your choice.

From Save As, at the top you have to select the Save in value. You have to pick SAS Folders.

That way, you'll always have access to your programs.

Hope that helps.

Cheers,
Damo

CaseySmith
SAS Employee

Another option would be to store your code in abbreviation macros in EG (Program->Add Abbreviation Macro).  Then, whenever you type the abreviation in a program editor in EG and select it in the pop-up, it will be replaced with (insert) your code.

Casey

Register today and join us virtually on June 16!
sasglobalforum.com | #SASGF

View now: on-demand content for SAS users

nd
Obsidian | Level 7 nd
Obsidian | Level 7

This might be my best bet. Thanks!

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 1 like
  • 3 in conversation