BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
GDumont
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi all,

I'm trying to import an access database by the "proc import" procedure and also by point-click, but my attempts are failing.

When I try by "proc import", the log shows the messages:

"ERROR: Connect: Class not registered" and "ERROR: Error in the LIBNAME statement."

When I try by point-click, the following error is being shown:

"A problem was encountered while attempting to use OLEDB to read data from the source file.

This may be caused due to the source file being opened within another application or a security issue while attempting to access the source file.

Because of this problem the Import Data wizard is unable to continue."

I also tried putting the access file on my computer's local server but it didn't make any difference

I searched here on the SAS Community and found that this error may be due to the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and Microsoft Office being installed on different "bit" platforms (32-bits and 64-bits). But in my case both are installed as 64-bit.

Unfortunately, I am not able to get around this situation. Can anybody help me?

5 REPLIES 5
SASKiwi
PROC Star

Please post your complete PROC IMPORT SAS log. Is this a first-time attempt or was it working and now it isn't? 

GDumont
Fluorite | Level 6

Thanks for your response.

It is a simple PROC IMPORT procedure. Even if I try by point-and-click ("File" > "Import Data" > "Open" > "Next"), SAS gives the second error reported in the topic (OLEDB error).

proc import dbms=access out=&&bases&i replace
    datatable=&&bases&i;                      
    database="C:\Users\gza001\Documents\ARQ.MDB"; 
run;
SASKiwi
PROC Star

Are you using a remote SAS server? If so then the setup for MS Access needs to be on that server, not your PC.

Is this the first time you have tried this or was it working before?

GDumont
Fluorite | Level 6

Even when I put the file on my desktop the same error appears. Was that your question?

jebjur
SAS Employee

Here is a good SAS note for the CONNECT: Class Not Registered error. http://support.sas.com/kb/63750

It might be a better idea to open a track with Technical Support for assistance with these issues

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation