BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Bula
Calcite | Level 5

I run  monthly files and trying to create title something like --

"Files are current through December31, 2017".

I do not want to hard code in my program. I know I can use %sysfunc on the file creation day using data dictionary. Then how am I going to get last day of each month.

Any tips will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

BG

7 REPLIES 7
Reeza
Super User

INTNX will give you the end of the month. 

Use the difference of 0 months and the fourth parameter allows you to align the date to the end of the month.

The documentation has an example if you're having difficulty or post your code back here.

@Bula wrote:

I run  monthly files and trying to create title something like --

"Files are current through December31, 2017".

I do not want to hard code in my program. I know I can use %sysfunc on the file creation day using data dictionary. Then how am I going to get last day of each month.

Any tips will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

BG

Bula
Calcite | Level 5
Thank you Reeza! I will try tomorrow to figure it out.
Bula
Calcite | Level 5
Hi Reza,

I spent a bit time on refreshing INTNX function. My Base SAS documentation is showing foreign language. I do not know why. If you please could send me code that would ve very helpful.
Thanks Reza
Reeza
Super User

Here's the english version:

http://documentation.sas.com/?docsetId=lefunctionsref&docsetTarget=p10v3sa3i4kfxfn1sovhi5xzxh8n.htm&...

Note that you can use the TODAY() function to get todays date.

Post what you've tried and I'll be happy to help further.

Bula
Calcite | Level 5

No luck 😞

Please find the attachment. When I clicked on your documentation link, I simply get a blank page.

Reeza
Super User

You need to get that fixed...not having access to the documentation doesn't make sense. Does your work block websites?

Or did you try some old versions, ie SAS 9.3? 

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 1 like
  • 2 in conversation