BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
PatriceB
Calcite | Level 5

Hello to you all 🙂

Is there a way to extract the PROMPTS ("invite" in french) information? (Name, type, low value, high vaule, etc...)

I'm very familiar with SAS Dictionary tables but this info doesn't seems to be there. I did my 15 min research effort with no chance.

Thanks in advance for your prompt reply.

Happy 4th of July to who'm it may apply 🙂

4 REPLIES 4
Reeza
Super User

Prompts are stored as macro variables. You should be able to find the values in the SASHELP.MACRO table.

@PatriceB wrote:

Hello to you all 🙂

Is there a way to extract the PROMPTS ("invite" in french) information? (Name, type, low value, high vaule, etc...)

I'm very familiar with SAS Dictionary tables but this info doesn't seems to be there. I did my 15 min research effort with no chance.

Thanks in advance for your prompt reply.

Happy 4th of July to who'm it may apply 🙂

PatriceB
Calcite | Level 5

Hello Reeza

Thanks for your prompt reply.

You're absolutely right about the dictionary.macros content. There is still a little something missing there.

Where do I find the validation element of thoses prompts? Date, Date interval, numeric, nemeric interval, etc...  Low value, hight value, default value, ertc...

PatriceB
Calcite | Level 5

Hello Reeza and a few other that replied in private.

After writing to SAS tech Support, I've got an answer that those are saved within the EG Project file and are not available in anyway other then by the menu.

Did ask to have this available in a future version if possible. That would have helped me on my current project.

Have fun guys 🙂

Reeza
Super User

You can add feature requests here:

https://communities.sas.com/t5/SASware-Ballot-Ideas/idb-p/sas_ideas

People can vote on it and SAS support will comment if the feature will be developed or not in plan for now.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation