BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
HJD24
Calcite | Level 5

Hi all,

I'm trying (and failing) to leverage the expression builder functionality within EG 5.1 in a Custom Task but am having trouble implementing the "AddTable" method.  It appears to take 2 arguments - ICanBeInputData id & bool columnonly.

Does anyone out there have any experiences of utilising the expression builder within a custom task that they could share?

Thanks,

Hywel

2 REPLIES 2
ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager

Hywel,

The expression builder is not a documented, reusable component for custom tasks.  The APIs that it uses are internal to SAS Enterprise Guide, and are subject to change with each release.

If you're interested in a component that can help with filter expressions, you can use the DataSelector control.  That's part of the SAS.Tasks.Toolkit library that is documented for custom task use.  You can find an example in my book about developing custom tasks (see Chapter 11).  You can also see an example in this GitHub project.

Chris

It's time to register for SAS Innovate! Join your SAS user peers in Las Vegas on April 16-19 2024.
HJD24
Calcite | Level 5

Thanks Chris, I suspected you would be the person to point me in the right direction.  I'll work through your example and hopefully it will provide me with what I require.

Thanks again,

Hywel

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation