BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
LB
Quartz | Level 8 LB
Quartz | Level 8

Hello all-

When I export all the code in a process flow-it exports all the program code from the programs themselves but NOT the data that needs to be downloaded to the local server after.

Is there a way to do this.

I need to port the actual SAS programs over to SAS Data Integration Studios for the purposes of scheduling. Since I can't port EG programs but rather the SAS programs I am looking for a solution, if there is one.

Thanks in advance

Lawrence

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SASKiwi
PROC Star

As I understand it the upload / download tasks in EG will only work in EG and don't use SAS code behind the scenes. This is why you can't export it to run in a non-EG SAS environment like DI Studio:

http://blogs.sas.com/content/sasdummy/2012/12/06/copy-files-in-sas-eg/

To be able to copy data from the DI Studio server to the local server,  there are a few options you could explore: arranging for local server directories to be 'visible' from the DI Studio Server or using FTP with SAS. What operating systems are the two servers? If they are both Windows then you can often 'see' one server from another using UNC: \\LocalServerName\dir1\dir2.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
SASKiwi
PROC Star

As I understand it the upload / download tasks in EG will only work in EG and don't use SAS code behind the scenes. This is why you can't export it to run in a non-EG SAS environment like DI Studio:

http://blogs.sas.com/content/sasdummy/2012/12/06/copy-files-in-sas-eg/

To be able to copy data from the DI Studio server to the local server,  there are a few options you could explore: arranging for local server directories to be 'visible' from the DI Studio Server or using FTP with SAS. What operating systems are the two servers? If they are both Windows then you can often 'see' one server from another using UNC: \\LocalServerName\dir1\dir2.

LB
Quartz | Level 8 LB
Quartz | Level 8

SASKiwi-

Thanks-

I had come to the same assessment.

The issue at large is that there are two separate network environments-windows and UNIX.

Currently there is no connectivity-I was trying to do an end run about having to set up an UNIX account and having to manage everything through FTP/ PERL scripts etc etc.

Lawrence

SASKiwi
PROC Star

FTP is definitely a good option to explore for moving data from Unix to Windows. Hope it works out.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation