BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
deleted_user
Not applicable
I'm trying to export a sas table to a new or existing (doesn't matter) MS Access database resident on a Unix box. I can point and click my way through the process successfully (File>Export>Save As...mdb) but need to have the process hard coded so the task can be batch run in the future. EG does not produce a log when I go through the manual step to export so I can't figure out if its using proc export, a libname statement etc. Any ideas??? Thanks.
3 REPLIES 3
Olivier
Pyrite | Level 9
I don't think the process uses Proc EXPORT, since you don't have log once you've run it.
The problem is, if you write a program, it will be executed on the Unix box, but unless you have the "PC Files Server" module (or a name that sounds like that), Unix doesn't know you to produce MS Access files.

Identifying the problems don't lead me to a solution, however. I hope it helps anyway.
deleted_user
Not applicable
Right. This is what SAS support had to say "You cannot use proc export to put a ms access file on unix from a SAS dataset. However, you can use proc export to put a ms access file on the PC from a SAS dataset on Unix using the PC Files Server on the PC. Please let me know if you would like to be able to do this." Thanks for the response.
Olivier
Pyrite | Level 9
It means that if you want to produce files for Access to read them with a program, you will have to go through some text files like tab-delimited or CSV. Maybe there is some "batch import" in MS Access so that you can import several text files in a row ; otherwise some Visual Basic macros may do the trick.
Good luck anyway.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation