BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
grudos20
Obsidian | Level 7

Hello dear sas users!
Please tell me how to output data from the Infromation Map Studio application, for example, to a csv file.
I really need data on attributes and their relationship with attributes from the data source. My data source is Oracle Data Base.
Using the example of one attribute, when I open detailed information (see the screenshot), I want to get the following data:
1. data item name
2 Location
3.Description
4 Expression

Does anyone have any options on how to do this?

infomap.gif

1 REPLY 1
KatS_SAS
SAS Employee

Hello Grudos20,

There is not an easy way to get the data items detail from the Information Map studio.  You can use PROC INFOMAPS and the LIST statement to write that information to a file and then read in that file using other SAS code.  You can use PROC DOCUMENT to render the ODS output to a CSV file by reading in the log that is generated to a file. 

/* Redirect the log to a file*/
proc printto log="c:\temp\tempmap.log"; run;
/* Run Proc Infomaps to list the dataitems information */ proc infomaps metauser="sasdemo" metapass="XXXXXXX" metaserver="machine.com" metaport=8561 mappath="/Shared Data/Information Maps/"; update infomap "Prdsale Map"; list; save; quit; /* Turn off the Proc Printto */ proc printto; run; /* Proc Document to read in the log file and write it to a CSV file using ODS */ proc document name=logfile(write); import textfile="c:\temp\tempmap.log" to ^; run; ods csv file="c:\temp\map.csv"; replay; run; quit; ods csv close;

I have included links to some documentation as well.

Documentation to Proc Infomaps 

Documentation to Proc Document 

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 like
  • 2 in conversation