BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
pavan_reddy
Calcite | Level 5

hi all, please suggest me a solution to export all the logs generated in EG to a unix location. I am having 3-4 programs in my EG project and want all of them to be exported. thanks in advance.

7 REPLIES 7
Ksharp
Super User

Check  proc printto

pavan_reddy
Calcite | Level 5

Hi Xia, Proc printto is working, but I am not able to see the log in EG window. Any solution to see the log in both the places ie EG window and the unix location?

Ksharp
Super User

After running proc printto code ,you can print them back into LOG window by using another data step . Like :

proc printto;run;

data _null_;

infile 'the file name of printto'  ;

input;

putlog _infile_;

run;

Xia Keshan

evp000
Quartz | Level 8

Very useful.  Thank you.

Kurt_Bremser
Super User

You can do this serverside.

First of all, you need to configure your workspace server to write separate logs for each session and also to include all actions done on the client. You do that in the sasv9_usermods.cfg and the logconfig.xml file.

Then you need to set up a process that copies the logs to the wanted location.

Regarding proc printto, specify the code you used, the log and what did not work.

"not working" ???

jakarman
Barite | Level 11

ask your platform admin to activate logging using that logging framework at the server side.

The APM tooling is a standard documented approach with that.   No need for manual coding.

---->-- ja karman --<-----
SASKiwi
PROC Star

If your objective is just to keep logs of your EG Project runs, you could consider exporting your projects as code and run them as SAS batch jobs which generate log files automatically. That way you don't need to make any process changes (PROC PRINTTO) or configure your SAS servers for logging.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 1 like
  • 6 in conversation