BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
chennupriya
Quartz | Level 8

Hi ,

I have created an excel workbook named Cars in that i have multiple sheets Sheet1, Sheet2, Sheet3  created in SAS file folders and i want to export that excel file to share point . My SAS EG is on Remote server

Can anyone pls help

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Reeza
Super User

Essentially it's the same answer as yesterday.

You can use export or libname or any other standard export method, but you need to have the UNC path to your sharepoint location so the file can be created there. Additionally, your server will need access to this location, not just you.

Same to export to your C drive - your server has to have access to your C drive. You'll need to talk to your IT area to set this up.

Otherwise you can export to your server and then FTP file to your desktop. If you're on EG you may have an option to download the file or you can look at the custom Copy task from Chris Hemedinger.

Also, please consider marking some of your older questions answered. People have taken the time to provide help, acknowledging their assistance would be considerate. 

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
chennupriya
Quartz | Level 8

Hi ,

Sorry I didnt understand

Reeza
Super User

Essentially it's the same answer as yesterday.

You can use export or libname or any other standard export method, but you need to have the UNC path to your sharepoint location so the file can be created there. Additionally, your server will need access to this location, not just you.

Same to export to your C drive - your server has to have access to your C drive. You'll need to talk to your IT area to set this up.

Otherwise you can export to your server and then FTP file to your desktop. If you're on EG you may have an option to download the file or you can look at the custom Copy task from Chris Hemedinger.

Also, please consider marking some of your older questions answered. People have taken the time to provide help, acknowledging their assistance would be considerate. 

chennupriya
Quartz | Level 8

Sure I am sorry about that

chennupriya
Quartz | Level 8

Hi ,

Can u pls let me know how to export excel  files to C drive  when I have SAS on Remote server

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation