BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
ktkv5
Obsidian | Level 7

In SAS Enterprise Guide Tools > Options > Results > Results General > Result Formats, I don't see Microsoft Excel. Is there a way to include this? I think I have seen in one of the SAS Presentations that it's available . Please let me know is there a way to include

Thanks

11 REPLIES 11
ballardw
Super User

Which version of SAS EG are you using?

And may require a license to SAS/ACCESS to PC Files depending on version.

ktkv5
Obsidian | Level 7

We are running SAS EG 7.11HF3 . Our license inlcudes SAS/Access Interface to PC Files.

Reeza
Super User

Oh...I stand corrected, Excel is an option in EG 7.1...at least the version I have.

Results>Results General>Results Format (left hand side) shows Excel as an option.

Delete EG Excel Option.JPG

ktkv5
Obsidian | Level 7

This is how the Results General looks for us

SAS EG.jpg
ballardw
Super User

If you are running in a Server enrivonment you may need to check with the SAS Admin to see if someone disabled a choice.

ktkv5
Obsidian | Level 7

I am the SAS Admin for our Project.  Man Happy I couldn't find a place, where it can be enabled.

Reeza
Super User

It's possible a version issue, I'm on 7.12 HF1.

Fastest way to get an answer at this point is Tech Support.

Reeza
Super User

I don't think by default. 

But your final results, you can right click and export to excel. There are other ways to publish final results to Excel as well, Proc Export or ODS Excel.

I would strongly recommend having the results to Excel be your last step to help with data accuracy.

SASKiwi
PROC Star

This option is for setting where ALL default EG output goes as mentioned by @Reeza.

It would not be good practice to send all output to Excel by default due to the performance overhead and limitations of Excel.

You can easily export your output to Excel by going into the EG Results window and select Send to Excel. If you prefer a more automated approach then SAS/ACCESS to PC Files provides this.

CaseySmith
SAS Employee

The Excel and PowerPoint results formats were added in EG 7.12.

Checking those EG options causes EG to generate the ODS EXCEL/POWERPOINT statements for you in the EG-generated wrapper code.  If you have an EG version prior to 7.12, you can write your own ODS statements in your code to use the ODS EXCEL and ODS POWERPOINT destinations.  For example:

ods excel file='c:\temp\mybook.xlsx';

proc sgplot data=sashelp.cars;

histogram msrp;

run;

ods excel close;

Note: The ODS EXCEL and ODS POWERPOINT destinations became production in SAS 9.4M3, so you will need that server version to use.  I believe there may have been a pre-production version of one or both in earlier 9.4 maintenance levels, but no gurantees.

Also, as @Reeza and @SASKiwi pointed out, the Tools->Options->Results->Results General->Results Formats set the default results formats for all programs and tasks.  If you don't want to change it for all elements, you can change the results formats on a per element basis from the element's Properties dialog.  For example, I've turned on Excel and PowerPoint for this specific program:

overrideResultsFormats.png

Register today and join us virtually on June 16!
sasglobalforum.com | #SASGF

View now: on-demand content for SAS users

TomKari
Onyx | Level 15

One further comment;

In my opinion, this option is best used when you want visually appealing results from procs to appear in excel. It's not at all suitable for creating data for further processing. To do that, one should use the other options for converting SAS data to Excel that are discussed above.

That being said, it's a great option! I'm using it on a project where the client wants PROC REPORT output to look visually attractive in Excel...this option works beautifully! Thanks, Casey!

Tom

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 11 replies
  • 1 like
  • 6 in conversation