BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
UshaLatha
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi ,

While trying to import a csv file, encountered following error:

An error occurred executing the workspace job "The Import Data Wizard (Intermediate submit)".

The server is disconnected.

Please help how to resolve this error.

Thanks

13 REPLIES 13
nhvdwalt
Barite | Level 11

In short, it means your workspace server session has crashed. The trick is to find out why...

I guess there are different ways to troubleshoot, but my approach would be to run the code in batch on the server, thus removing things like SAS Enterprise Guide, Workspace Servers, etc. out of the equation. When the SAS session then crashes again, you should receive a lot more diagnostic information than what you do in Enterprise Guide. Based on this info you can then investigate further.

qwerty11
Fluorite | Level 6

Hello Geeks,

I have a similar error "An error occurred executing the workspace job "the import data wizard (intermediate submit)". Timeout during initialization".

Here, we are trying to use Import functionality in SAS EG. When my colleague is trying to do it, there is no error.

Note: the excel file is in a shared drive.

@Kurt_Bremser @nhvdwalt@UshaLatha 

qwerty11
Fluorite | Level 6
No, just during the Import Wizard from EG.
Magically it was fixed by noon without any intervention. But the problem is back now. It is intermittent at this point.
Any suggestions for troubleshooting?

Thanks
qwerty11
Fluorite | Level 6

@Kurt_Bremser 

sorry, i meant "Yes" . Was able to run all .sas & .egp with no issues.

Sajid01
Meteorite | Level 14

Hello @qwerty11 
Note: the excel file is in a shared drive.
Please investigate network issues with the appropriate admins and storage team.
Take help from your SAS Administration.

qwerty11
Fluorite | Level 6

I'm an SAS Admin 🙂

and yes, as i mentioned before these are One Drive - shared drives. No problem here, checked that.

We created a libname statement and read data - no issues.

Only issue is when we use the import wizard in EG, which is again intermittent. @Sajid01 

Sajid01
Meteorite | Level 14

Why not enable workspace server logs for some time and see if they through some light?

qwerty11
Fluorite | Level 6

yes that would be last option before i submit a SAS Track 🙂

since the issue is intermittent, will enable workspace sever logs when we have the issue again. there were no issues from yesterday.

thanks @Sajid01 

SASKiwi
PROC Star

@qwerty11  - Since it works fine for your colleague then this would appear to be a PC-specific issue. Do both PCs have the same OS and MS product versions? One Drive and MS 365 have rolled out a lot of enhancements recently. Might also be work checking the Windows event log for any errors. 

qwerty11
Fluorite | Level 6

@SASKiwi : that's a god point, as there were MS 365 updates which were rolled out a couple of weeks back (OS and others are same)! will check if the user has the latest updates, thank you! 🙂

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 13 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 6 in conversation