BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
tmorlock
Calcite | Level 5

When trying to export a sas7dbat file to a share for others to use, I receive the error:  An error occurred saving the file. A local SAS server is required.  I have a user who can easily export and one who cant with identical set ups (As far as I can tell). Anyone have this issue and have a resolution?

Thank you

3 REPLIES 3
Sajid01
Meteorite | Level 14

This could be a connectivity or permissions issue. if the share is on a remote machine make sure you have username/password in the EG Connection profile rater than IWA.

Typically one must reach out to the SAS Administrator  to look into the issue. 

Kurt_Bremser
Super User

From the message and your description I take it that one user has a local SAS installed, while the other hasn't.

Using the Copy Files task instead of Export will not need a local SAS.

Sajid01
Meteorite | Level 14

Hello @tmorlock 
I see this in your post

I have a user who can easily export and one who cant with identical set ups (As far as I can tell)

Well if the setup's are identical and the code is identical, the result would be the same.

Try to find out if there is something different.
The following message indicates that you are having SAS on a remote server, and perhaps you are accessing a local location not accessible to the server. The solution would depend on your environment. You should consider what @Kurt_Bremser has said.

An error occurred saving the file. A local SAS server is required

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation