BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
ebarnes5
Calcite | Level 5

I am a new student to SAS Enterprise Guide. I  have imported an excel file to the program. However when I go to click on the query builder, I get an error message of 'unable to parse dataset name. Parameter name: dataSet.' I have no idea what this means but it seems to be making some of the functions in the query builder not work quite right. A friend who downloaded and then imported this same file does not get this message. I would appreciate any knowledge on how to fix this. 

2 REPLIES 2
Reeza
Super User

What did you name the dataset? Post snapshots of your import. 

You can try running the following code, add a program and submit it. Then retry import and see if you have issues.

Options validvarname = V7;

CaseySmith
SAS Employee

Along the same lines as @Reeza's suggestion, as an alternative to setting validvarname=v7, you could just try ensuring the output data set name in the Import Wizard doesn't contain any non-standard characters (ex. no spaces, doesn't start with a number, etc.).  Guessing you may have a space in your Excel file name, which results in a space in the imported data set name, which is throwing off the Query Builder.

Another thing I would check is to make sure you have the latest hotfix for whatever version of EG you are running.  You can check and download latest hotfixes from here:

http://ftp.sas.com/techsup/download/hotfix/HF2/94_all_hosts.html#E

Casey

Register today and join us virtually on June 16!
sasglobalforum.com | #SASGF

View now: on-demand content for SAS users

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation