BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
deleted_user
Not applicable
libname ODSP oracle path=odsp schema=xxxxx user=xxxxx password= XXXXXXXXXXX ;

proc sql;
select count(*) from fund_hierarchy;
ERROR: File WORK.FUND_HIERARCHY.DATA does not exist.

I am getting this error. I am interested to know the count of rows in FUND_HIERARCHY. Please help Message was edited by: Vanitha
7 REPLIES 7
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ
Hi:
Is FUND_HIERARCHY a temporary dataset or a permanent SAS dataset? Could FUND_HIERARCHY be an Oracle table, perhaps in the Oracle database that you are pointing to in your LIBNAME statement??

If FUND_HIERARCHY is an Oracle table, then you might need to refer to the SAS/Access documentation for Oracle for an example of accessing an Oracle table in your select statement:
http://support.sas.com/documentation/onlinedoc/91pdf/sasdoc_91/access_oracle_7367.pdf (see pages 4, 7 and 11)
or look at these other references:
http://support.sas.com/kb/30/591.html
http://www2.sas.com/proceedings/forum2007/239-2007.pdf

If you are still having issues after consulting the documentation, then your best bet for help is to contact someone at your site who already uses SAS/Access to Oracle (who may have some sample code) or contact SAS Tech Support.
cynthia
deleted_user
Not applicable
Thank you very much.
I do have the libname statement to point to the oracle table. My stored process with this libname statement runs fine. I do not know why the following code gives error
libname ODSP oracle path=odsp schema=odsmgr user=ods_view2 password= XXXXXXXXXXX ;
ERROR: The ORACLE engine cannot be found.
ERROR: Error in the LIBNAME statement.
16 proc sql;
17 select count(*) from odsp.fund_hierarchy;
ERROR: Libname ODSP is not assigned.

Any other suggestions are greatly appreciated.
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ
Hi:
You did not say in your original post that this was a stored process. Are you sure that the LIBNAME statement is correct for a Stored Process that uses the metadata server? Are your Oracle tables defined in the metadata with the correct engine? Are you sure your Workspace server or Stored Process server can "talk" to the Oracle server?

How did you build your stored process? From an EG project that was working or from an EG project that had errors reading the Oracle file? I believe, that in the Enterprise Intelligence Platform, there also could be some configuration and platform administration issues about which servers "know" about the location of the database tables and therefore, affect, which servers you choose to execute your stored process.

To me, this seems to be a question best answered by SAS Tech Support.

cynthia
deleted_user
Not applicable
Hi Cynthia,

Thank you very much. I will check with SAS Tech support.
deleted_user
Not applicable
Ideas:

1) You don't have SAS/ACCESS for Oracle installed on the host running the code.
2) You don't have the Oracle client installed on the host running the code.
3) Both
deleted_user
Not applicable
Thank you very much. I will check with SAS Tech support.
deleted_user
Not applicable
you forgot to use the library you defined.
[pre]
... from ODSP.fund_hierarchy;
[/pre]

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation